Saturday, March 3, 2007

WIP II: Baby Shower

I've been preparing for my sister's baby shower for the last few months. Above is the base for the invitation I sent out. I embellished each of the invites with heart and flower sequins and my Sakura pens. The info was printed on vellum and attached over the flower area with a pink heart brad. I was so nervous about sending these out. (My husband told we it was a little late to have second thoughts.) I have never done anything like this before, I've never hosted a shower and it's my sister's first child. No pressure!!
I'm hard at work on my sister's baby shower gifts. I bought these cute little bottles that I'm going to fill with candy and attach my little initial pendants. (Thank you Sallly Jean Alexander!) I'm having so much fun making these and I'm doing such a good job pacing myself. I'm having flashbacks from college and staying up all night finishing some sort of horrid garment. (They all looked much better on the outside. I'm a horrible seamstress.)
I'll post pictures when the pendants are done and the baby bottles are completed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you're doing!!