Sunday, March 18, 2007

Christmas in March

It's always fun to visit my family in Florida. When I spoke to my mom prior to our trip, she told me not to start on my Xmas scrapbook. (Honestly, I'm so behind that it's not even on my to do list.) She bought stuff for herself, my sis and me. Look at all the stuff I got!! I don't know if I even have enough photos. I spent most of Christmas afternoon and evening on my sister's bed from a migrane.

My parents just got back from a trip to Seattle and brought me back this cute little jewelry holder. I know exactly what I'm gonna do with it. It's going on my work table in the studio to hold some of my many beads.
My mom also has this great HUGE magazine collection. I've even found "vintage" magazines from the 50's and 60's. I found the House and Garden color issue from 2003 (It's funny that I just bought this year's color issue) and an Anthropologie catalog from holiday 2004. Such great images for collaging. This is where I get my packratedness from. Somehow it has missed my streamlined sister.

On a completly random note, GO NOLES! I just can't wait for football season! Yes, it's only MARCH...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowwww!! What a sweet mom you have, and how fun it sounds like yall had!! Aww, so sweet!

Laume said...

Hi - I'm wandering in late from artsmama's tea party but commenting here instead. My mom also has a huge magazine collection. She no longer lives nearby and she got rid of a lot of her magazines in the move - wish I'd thought to keep some for collage work - ah well. Can't keep everything - where would I put it all!? Funny you mention the anthropologie catalog - I get it delivered and have been keeping it because I thought the images would work well too.