Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
I was also a participant in Mommy Holly's Snowflakes & Sparkles swap. My partner is the awesome Shawnee. I got lots of fun stuff: a silicone snowflake baking pan (I used it the night I received it by request of my kids), some cute snowflake ornaments, yummy candles, fun craft supplies & the sweetest apron, that she made. It's on my trip with me. I'll be cooking Christmas dinner & this was too cute to leave at home. Thank you Shawnee for all my goodies & being my partner.
EDITED: I'm at the hotel & it's 12:46AM. I'll post my pics from the swap later in a new post. I can't access my photos. I need to download & edit them.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
(12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts, we don't do the nuts in our family, but it's part of the original recipe.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Created with fd's Flickr Toys.
Yea! The day is here. Pink Friday & the opening of Lollishops! I am beyond excited about this new venture for me, for you & for all my Lolli friends! The website goes live on the biggest shopping day of the year. I'll be populating my store today, so I'll update this & let you know when I'm set up. The mosaic above is of my new work in the store. I have new packaging, new jewels & lots of new pink & not so pink things. Come take a peek!
EDITED: There are a few kinks to be worked out. It's a brand new website, so I'll keep you posted. I'm not on there yet, but quite a few of my friends are so go take a visit!
It's Pink Saturday also. Make sure you go take a look at the participants over at Beverly's.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
My new Lollishop will be opening this coming Friday, Black Friday, which I'm renaming to Pink Friday! If I can let go of this cutie, she'll be there. I'm so darn excited about this store. The artists are so talented & the camaraderie is wonderful. I've already found quite a few friends.
You can visit Beverly & take a look at all things pink. There have been over 100 participants the last few weeks. Happy Pink Saturday!
Monday, November 17, 2008
I was tagged about 2 weeks ago from 2 good blog friends, Cindy & Tia. I did a little twist on the 6 random facts about myself. I've already done a few posts here & here. Go ahead & click on the links if you want a good laugh. I'm a little nutty, just a little. Well, I started assembling these stupid thoughts about our upcoming move. Here they are. Oh so me! I feel like I'm getting out of my funk & this list shows the old me is coming back.
- What will I do without Target, Michaels, Barnes & Noble, <insert favorite store here>?
- How will I get Artful Blogging/Somerset Life/ every magazine Stampington publishes?
- What do I do when Basic Grey comes out with new 6x6 paper packs?
- What will happen with my new cell phone/Palm?
- Do they have estate sales there?
- Rats, how do I get to Silver Bella from there?
- Thank goodness I'm going to Art & Soul in Hampton, VA this Spring!!
- Where do I order sushi & shrimp tempura?
- OMG, WHAT ABOUT FOOTBALL SEASON????
- Is there cable there? How will I live without
- Seriously, how will I watch FSU football?
- I'm making myself a pink burkha with serious bling.
- It's gonna be really hot like Phoenix, but hotter. Maybe we'll be welcomed by a haboob, like we were when we first moved to Luke AFB.
- Is there some place I can get a pedicure since I'll be in flip flops the entire time? Or will flip flops melt?
- Will they ship my paints, glues, flammables, blowtorches?
- Will I have access to a laser color copier for my itty bitty swap backgrounds & digital collage sheets? Seriously, I need the toner!!
- I just checked Etsy, no one sells from my desert. I'll have to check Lollishops when it's live.
- There's no Chuck E Cheese there.
- I sure am gonna miss my memory foam mattress.
- Thank goodness I'll have an APO address so I can still go shopping on the web.
Here are the official rules....
1. link to the person who tagged you
2. mention the rules
3. tell six quirky, yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself
4. tag six other bloggers by linking to them
5. go to each person's blog and leave a comment that lets them know they've been tagged
Saturday, November 15, 2008
1. Full Day of Goodie Making, 2. Cards Pink Trees Main, 3. Jade/STS, 4. sweet house 3, 5. Pink Christmas Fabulous, 6. POSH PUNK BLING, 7. Vintage Inspired earrings, 8. Birthday Gift, 9. Joy, 10. Gigantic Sundaes on the Loose!, 11. Oh Deer! Candy Frame, 12. Pink Strawberries
Created with fd's Flickr Toys.
My mosaic is a compilation of the works of my lollifriends. Please take a look at all of these talented artists work. It was quite fun to make this mosaic!
Friday, November 14, 2008
This little package just made it's way out the door. I sent it here. Trying my hand at the getting my work published thingy again. It's what's inside the boxes that I'm hoping to get published. I packed them like I would an order. I know they're big into presentation, so any little pretty bit counts. I'm a little superstitious about sharing what's in there. When I hear either way, I'll post pictures of the actual items. Here's a few hints: it's jewelry & it's for the Marie Antoinette publication.
Josh is calm, but just when he's sleeping. I couldn't resist snapping this picture this morning. I thought he just looked so sweet & angelic. That's the only time those words are used to describe this little ball of energy!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Here are a couple more rings I've made. They are layered filigrees with vintage rhinestones. I'm in love & sometimes it's hard to part with the jewelry I've made, especially the pink ones! I'm working on inventorying & pricing. It's surprising how much I have.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Laundry is calling so I better go!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
- Supplies: frames, spray paint (primer & color of choice), cork by the roll, decorative fabric/paper or stencils
- Buy a frame, any frame... cheap (Wal-Mart, Dollar Store, Goodwill). Take all the guts out (glass, backing)
- Prime the surface. This comes in super easy spray paint. My frames were originally black, so it took a few coats to get the coverage I wanted.
- Select the color you want to color your frame & spray away! I love the glossy look so that's what I picked. If you can only find matte, you can use a clear glossy coat to finish.
- Buy cork by the roll (available at home improvement stores Lowes & Home Depot). I traced the backing to get the measurment of the cork. Place the cork on the backing & put them back in place. Ta Da :)