Friday, February 1, 2008

It's Mine

I'm kinda obsessive complusive about magazines. I can't get enough of them. Once I have them I devour them until the next issue comes out, then I save it... for all eternity. I did a little experiment for January. I knew I was a bit of a magazine fanatic, but is it really this bad? I'm even a little embarassed, I bought 9, count 'em NINE magazines in the month of January alone. The ironic thing is I didn't buy a single beading magazine. Here they are: Romantic Homes, Romantic Country, Creating Keepsakes, Country Living x's 2, Home Companion, Blueprint, Somerset Life, & Somerset Studio.
I'm on to February's magazine stash. I got Artful Blogging today from a cute little stamp store in New Castle, DE. The little one & I took a field trip since his older brother was staying later at school today for a special lunch. We went to White Swan Rubber Stamps & found some fun stuff for me. In addition to Artful Blogging, I got a new cube rubber stamp, probably expected from a rubber stamp store & a book on soldering projects. I had to drive 50 miles to get my Artful Blogging. I knew it was hitting the newsstands today, but no one in Dover carried the first issue. I went to the craft stores here & even a Barnes & Noble in MD. It was so funny asking for it. No one knew what blogging was. Artful Logging? Someone even looked at me with my youngest in tow asking if I said Artful Flogging. I'm glad I have the new one. So well worth the drive :) I'm planning to go back to New Castle. The downtown area is beautiful. It was raining today, so I didn't bring my camera. Yes, I broke blogging rule #1. The downtown dead ends into a park on the bay.

I'm preparing my next post for my 100th giveaway. Stay tuned!!

There have been quite a few blog friends asking how the open house went in FL. First off thanks :) It's great to have blog friends that care. There weren't a lot of people that could make it but the ones that did bought. I will defintely do it again. Like I said - my mom has big plans for the holiday open house. It was fun with family - friends - & munchies. I can't use my comma right now because the little one popped the key off - AGAIN. I'm waiting for the insurance company to drop us. Thank goodness this time it's only 2 keys & I have the spare key board from the last incident.

7 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Congrats on 100!

I used to be a magazine aholic, but seem to have switched to a blog reading addiction now.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Nerissa,
Congrats on your 100th post!
I wish I had time to read all the mags that we subscribe to. I love to read all those that you listed too!
Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Sandy ;)

Beth Leintz said...

Your magazine stack has the same titles as mine- but I don't have the newest Artful Blogger yet- it seems like I can't find those Somerset magazines until weeks after there official release date.

Bonnie said...

you are a hoot!! and you sound like me which made me laugh even more!! I also hoard magazines, my favorite are scrap booking magazines and home decor ones. I can't chuck them out...soon I will need to build an extension onto my house just to house them all! I am SO DYING for the artful blogging magazine-HINT HINT...hee hee.

Anonymous said...

i am so glad to hear that someone else is an obsessive about magaines as me! yay for your open house-you are so brave! wanna come to va beach and be my business coach?!

Cindy Dean said...

I am glad I found your blog through OWOH. I too am a magazine addict...except...I get my 9 magazines in the mail and then I still by more at the store! LOL You are not alone in your addiction. Believe me. I am gonna mark you as a favorite now! Have a great day.

Artifax said...

I am a magazine-a-holic too! Hmmm.. I've also started reading more Somerset magazines and less beading magazines lately. Guess we are just evolving as artists :)