Remember to visit Beverly, our wonderful host, to see who else is participating this week. I just love Pink Saturday!Here are the pictures I promised. The background is an adorable window panel I got from Target. I'm going to use it as a table cloth for my display. It's pink damask with chandeliers. I was squealing with delight when I saw it.
Also is the frame I promised with the corkboard & some jewelry on it. I'm not loving it yet. I need to find a simple patterned fabric for the background. I don't want it to compete with the jewelry.
Anyways, here are the steps to make your own jewelry holder/display.
- Supplies: frames, spray paint (primer & color of choice), cork by the roll, decorative fabric/paper or stencils
- Buy a frame, any frame... cheap (Wal-Mart, Dollar Store, Goodwill). Take all the guts out (glass, backing)
- Prime the surface. This comes in super easy spray paint. My frames were originally black, so it took a few coats to get the coverage I wanted.
- Select the color you want to color your frame & spray away! I love the glossy look so that's what I picked. If you can only find matte, you can use a clear glossy coat to finish.
- Buy cork by the roll (available at home improvement stores Lowes & Home Depot). I traced the backing to get the measurment of the cork. Place the cork on the backing & put them back in place. Ta Da :)