Thursday, April 5, 2007

Art Journal

Thank you to Heather of Bluhm Studios and her beautiful art journals. I saw these and had to do one for me too. I think I'm obsessed.









The inside cover is finished in the sweet green and pink toile. I wanted to use the image of the girl relaxing and reading in the chair. I added some quotes, some are a little smart-assy, like me.
I'm really big into monograms/initials right now. I glittered chipboard and slapped a big sparkly "N" on it. I covered the toile print with light pink paint mixed with matte medium. The spine has ribbon, yarn, crystals, and a vintage button. The back inside cover is the blue and floral stripe with some 7 Gypsies petal rub-ons. The large one says mom and the small one says Brandon and Joshua. I LOVE this journal.
I've been wanting to sell the jewelry I make for years. I am finally on the cusp of doing this. I have such a hard time putting my work out there. I love creating, I'm not the best salesperson for my work. I've been working with a life coach, Anna Harding, and so many phases of my life has come together, including my art. I am hoping to teach some classes here on base at the Arts and Crafts center. It's funny that I used to be a product trainer and I never thought of teaching something I totally love. This would be sooooo fun to teach.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty!!!!!! Yes yes, love the dollar bin at Tar-jay!

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

love these journals and your enthusiasm!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to drag out my fibers and play with a journal this weekend if I get time.

But anywho, swing on over to my crib and have yourself some hawaiian fun today if you get the chance :)

Artifax said...

So, so pretty! Just gorgeous journals!! Great finds at Michaels too!