Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Look Back on 2010

Here are some highlights from the past year:


We took our second dhow cruise this year.  This is one of the several hundred pics I snapped.  The skyline & sunset were a favorite subject of mine.
Dustmageddon.  Some of you get snow, I get dust.  Not so much a highlight, but something interesting!
I have a hard time churning out several of the same items - that's why I do so well with the OOAK thing.  I made these for Kim Caldwell's Artistic Affaire.

Camel Races in the Spring.  This is a must do in Kuwait.  Utter chaos as the picture above shows!



The family went to Athens, Greece this year in November.  My hubby & I ran as part of the 2500 anniversary of the original marathon.  (I did the 10k & hubs did the full!).  This self portrait was taken in one of the Colosseum ruins by the Acropolis.

I found beading friends!  And took bead weaving class as well.  This was my class project & I've made a few more since then.
During the summer, sometimes it was hot (over 100 degrees) & humid (check out the foggy image above).  It was so humid that the camera fogged up.  This mosque tower is by the 360 Mall

Detail of the Kuwait Towers.  We've taken several field trips there when we have visitors.  This photo was taken in the evening with my zoom lens. 

Some artwork I made for myself.  It's 12x12 canvas to commemorate an accomplishment that was not a particularly easy thing for me to do.  So I ran back to my artistic comfort zone & had some sushi :)

This year I began taking self portraits.  It's the only way to document "I was there" since I'm always the one behind the camera.  I had fun taking pictures of this day at someone's private beach.

Fabric shopping at the Fabric Souk.  I would have loved having access to this while I was a design student.  Heaven!

Westerners here are big on finding products from home.  The Lulu Hypermarket opened this year.  The building is based on a dhow & has 2 huge domes on the ceiling.  The first time I went shopping it took me 2 1/2 hours to get out of there - it's 3 levels.  I also kept calling my husband to tell him about all my finds.

We took a cruise & I went swimming & snorkeling with stingrays.  Who knew I'd pass up a shopping excursion?
This past year was jam packed & I suspect this coming year will be the same.  I was fortunate to get a new camera last year as my Christmas gift, so taking photos was a big part of my year.  It's become quite a love & passion of mine.  Here's to 2011!

No comments: