Saturday, September 5, 2009

Keeping Busy - New Creations

I've been slowly finding my creative juju. I pre-ordered Stampington's Art Journaling & received it last week. I was wondering how Stampington would be able to equal the first issue. I mean, hello, Pam Garrison!! It is one of my all time favorite issues they have published. Well 10 pages into the second one, I was hooked. Dina Wakley is on the cover & is absolutely fabulous. I have a serious thing for silhouettes & these are awesome! Can't wait for my art supplies to arrive on Tuesday!! I'm also reading Style Statement & that's a journal background, in the background. I just used bubble wrap for the first time - a little addictive!

I enjoyed taking pictures this summer. I took quite a few that have turned into some of my all time favorites. There was a tutorial on the YOC blog for cards made from photographs. Since I don't have all my crafting supplies, I just made the cards with what I had on hand. Thank you Zee for the inspiration! I plan to use the cards to write to family back home.

I also got my photograph done for the Lollishops ad in the December issue of Romantic Homes magazine. It's gonna be a pink & aqua Christmas. This isn't the photograph I ended up using, but one of the several I took.

Last but not least, I've been working on some new jewelry pieces. I just updated the announcement on my Lollishop that I'll be opening back up Monday Sept 14th. Goodie! I've missed my little shop. The picture above is of a new vintage pendant I've made. I think I'm just going to hang it from a simple chain. I love all the components on this pendant.

2 comments:

NicNacManiac said...

Love your photo cards and your Lollishop photo sure is pretty!! Your creative treasures are exquisite!!
Have a fantastic weekend!!

Anonymous said...

That pendant you just made looks really gorgeous Nerissa. Well look like you're starting to get on the handle of things . . . and then hopefully everything will get back to normal pace when you adjusted in your new home. I see you've arrived :-)

Li