Saturday, December 1, 2007

Yea, I Made it

I just completed my first open house. It was such a nice setting; all the moms from one of my playgroups. I sold a few pieces & got a special order.
I wasn't too nervous during the show, just prepping before. I had never set up a table so I was experimenting. I think I need a little more height for next time. I also was low on inventory, since I have 20 pieces consigned. I wish I took better pictures. Oh well, you learn from experiences. I have another show in a week & a half. Off to make more pieces.
New earrings I couldn't wait to make after the show. They're a little on the heavy side because of the raku beads. Besides the raku there are Bali silver decorative headpins, Czech firepolish rondell, & a reallly cool beadcap. When I first got the caps, I had no idea what to do with them. They're HUGE. I turned them upside down, curled the ends & was very happy with the result. I'll be adding this to my Etsy store.

2 comments:

Julie L. Light said...

Love the dress forms...what a fabulous idea. I was at a gift show yesterday and a jewelry vendor had several picture frames matted with fabric and batting... they had their jewelry dispayed on them throughout the booth (some of the jewelry was draped on the frames and some were pinned)..it looked really elegant. Also, some of the frames were layed flat and some were on easils.

Also, another jewelry vendor was handing out decorative trays, baskets and even charger plates for customers to put their jewelry in/on while they were shopping. I used a charger plate! Just a few tips...
:-)
Julie

Julie L. Light said...

I forgot to mention: we have the same Amy Butler tote..fabulous! And I love the plates you are using, too. If you want some more of those vintage glove display molds...Shabbyfufu.com has some right now (tell them I sent you, hee hee).

http://shabbyfufu.com/decadent-boudoir.
TTYS! Julie