Tuesday, February 27, 2007

WIP



The last few weeks have been trying, hellish even. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in forever. I can't remember the last time I did. Rick is out of town and it's me and the dudes. We've been sick, up in the middle of the night, up against deadlines... blah, blah, blah...

The mini pictures above are for the Cabinet of Curiosities prompt COLLECTION. I have been creating jewelry for almost 10 years now. I have quite a collection of beads, semi-precious stones, charms, vintage beads, crystals, buttons and anything I could think to attach to a necklace. I used to be a hoarder, "Oh, I can't use that it's too nice." Then I realized when will I ever enjoy it? My collection is kinda out of control, but I love it. Rick was posing the "what if" we had to abandon our home and had a few hours to pack our car. I told him our kids and dogs would all be sitting comfortably on top of my fabric stash and the beads would be shoved in all the nooks and crannies in the car. I'm in the process of cleaning out the craft/office/guest/junk room. All my beads are already color coordinated, but I can't wait for them to have a home besides baggies in boxes.

The other artwork is the beginning of the INSPIRE prompt. I took one of my son't water color pieces and scanned it. I printed it up and matted it on top of some aqua cardstock. Next I used my favorite new Sakura gel pens (souffle and glaze) and doodled away. I was planning to collage on top of this with images and words I printed on vellum. I think I'm going to cut up the paper and make a banner with this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Having some trouble sending you a comment...try again...thanks for your visit.

I love the links on this post, especially the gelly roll pens...great!!

Anonymous said...

Love the paisleys!! So cool that you incorporated your sons art in it too :)