Thursday, February 8, 2007

Valentines LOVE


Here's my gift to one lucky winner that will be drawn on Valentines Day. Check out the wonderful story of how this all began on zUzU's blog. Just make a comment in this entry and my little guy will help me pick the winner. I made it from one of the mini compostion books I bought at Staples. The cover is above. My blog is called Creative Rants and since it is an artists journal, I thought it was appropriate.

The guts are from Keri Smith's blog. Check it out, she's got tons of creative stuff on it. There are all sorts of exercises to help you when you're in a rut, had a bad artists day or just need a little nudge. I found Keri's blog through Gina's blog, Joyful Purpose. Also another blog to check out. I get so inspired looking at Gina's work. It's absolutely beautiful.

I cut the cards out and put them in the book with embelishments. There are places for you to journal and additional places for you to decorate. Embelish away!! I'm not completely done with it, but I wanted to get the contest posted.


I can't believe I'm even doing this. I'm such a new artist to collaging and I have a little bit of fear putting this out there. I was like that for awhile with my jewelry. I have always had a dream of selling my jewelry and I'm finally taking the necessary steps with the help of my life coach. I am just really appreciative for all the artists in the blogging community and their generosity. It's contagious.

6 comments:

zuzu said...

Nerissa! =^..^=
This is AMAZING!

I adore Keri Smith's writings too ...
I think they are perfect inside this ... why didn't I think of adding them to my own journal?! Oooo maybe I'll win this one!

.:: wishing :: hoping :: wishing :: hoping ::.

I'm posting a link to your heART offering over on the Circle of Hearts List ... Oh Nerissa -- SOooo happy that you did this! It's a great deal of fun!

(almost as great as 50% off coupons ::giggle::)
=^..^= love, zU

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've been wondering where you've been girl :) Your life coach sounds very mysterious and intriguing.... maybe you'll post more of that story some day?

Bonnie said...

Oohhh, wouldn't mind winning this....wishful thinking...
smiles

Kathy said...

Hi Nerissa, thanks for visiting. Being part of the "Cabinet" challenge has opened a whole new blogworld for me and I love seeing at others' pages and how each prompt is interpreted. Your creative rants book is so artistic, I can imagine it was a lot of fun to put together.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog! I new to blogging and loving it! I had a heART give away and I think it is so much fun!

Monica said...

Oh this is so cool! Can I post a thousand comments to have a thousand chances to win?? :)