Thursday, September 1, 2011

but I'm not a painter

Believe 4x6 flat canvas panel - acrylic & ink

Sometimes I just gotta laugh.  I get all up in arms about others setting my boundaries, preconceived notions, prejudgement... yet I do it to myself all the time.  

Me to my card making group "but I don't really make cards".  

Vogue 4x6 card various decorative papers, German foil, stickers & vintage Vogue cover.  The fleur de lis & crown transfer are also digital clip art I printed but the seller is  no longer on-line.

Me to, not 1 but 2, beading groups "I'm not really a bead weaver or seed beader".  

All classes taken from LB o'Jazz.   Peyote
Ring Squared,  Luscious Lariat, Arabesque Earrings
 
Me to myself for most of my life "but I'm not really an artist".  So down comes, "but I'm not really a painter".

dream WIP 8x10 flat canvas panel - acrylic & ink

Thanks to wonderful classes I have been able to take on-line by Christy Tomlinson & Traci Bautista.  I have learned how to become comfortable working on canvas.  At this point, it's more than comfort, it's forever love.  I'm at the point that I will probably never stop working on canvas.  More & more I've become more comfortable using less paper.  Don't get me wrong, I still have a strong love for paper, but I've been going a bit out of my comfort zone.  I've found a style with ink & acrylics using quotes & words. 

No comments: