Sunday, August 21, 2011

Keeping Myself Occupied

My hubby was traveling & I was lonely so I did some retail therapy.  I bought myself into a new class Inscribed by the uber talented Traci Bautista.  Her book Collage Unleashed was one of the first mixed media books I purchased for my library.  By the way, there is a new one coming out the first of the year, Doodles Unleashed, & I can't own this one soon enough.

My inspiration board with color palette & damask pattern on Colourlovers My actual piece bottom left: 4x6 flat canvas panel WIP.  Bottom right: another WIP 8x10 flat canvas panel

The class is a art journaling workshop & I'm not much of a journaler.  I keep notebooks & journals, but they are not pretty, artsy, fancy ones.  I'm pretty much a list maker & that's what you'll see in the notebooks.  I sketch a bit, but not very often, & when I do, it's normal pencil or black ink quick sketches.  I was so drawn to this class by the preview video.  I wanted to learn her techniques & transfer them to my canvas craze.  It should be interesting to see where this takes me between Christy's Classes & Traci's.


Beginnings of the background

Ink doodles detail

Current WIP picture of piece

No comments: