Thursday, March 27, 2008

RAK from the Wonderful Mary Ann

Look at this bunch of coolness I received in the mail. Mary Ann offered to send me some jewelry pieces for me to re-purpose, as she was destashing. I'm so darn excited. I don't know what to work on first. I've blogged about this before, but if you visit her other blog, Indie-Pendence, you can sign up to win some cool stuff. She uses this blog to feature indie artists. There's a few more days to sign up for the March giveaway.
This next set of goodies are some vintage MOP & Bakelite belt buckles. I won them on Ebay. It was the very first time I bid on something. It was kinda fun & nerve wracking watching the minutes tick by. They are really beautiful & in such good condition.
This last bunch is from my first flea market to go jewelry junking. I got all this junk for $25. I even tried to bargain & get her down to $20 because that's all the cash I had on me. She had a $20 bag, but of course I wanted THIS bag. She took a $5 check from me. There are a lot of fixer-uppers & broken parts, but there wasn't too much ickmo junk. Brandon really is my son. He saw the bag & asked what was in there. I replied "Junk". He then asked if all the junk was for me. I offered to share with him & asked what he was going to do with his junk. He said he would use some in his cities he builds & some for his artwork. I just love that he's so creative.

2 comments:

Very Mary said...

What a great kid!

Simply Me Art said...

Nerissa, You found some Great goodies for $25! Love all the sparkle...