Thursday, July 29, 2010

Canvas Work

Dream Canvas - Digi Swirls Hof3 
So I have a bit of a canvas thing going.  I've always loved finding meaningful quotes & love this one I used above.  This piece was also inspired by Serina Wilson Stubson.  I did another canvas not too long ago inspired by her.

Love Canvas - WIP - Digi Elements Hof3
This one is a little 4x4 that I'm still working on.  I'm probably going to add a love quote around one of the hearts.  I did a spring green base with acrylic paint & added lilac tissue paper for texture & color.

Canvas Fashion Sketch - WIP - Digi Swirls Hof3 - I LOVE this set of digi brushes - if you couldn't tell!

For those of you that don't know, I was a Fashion Design & Merchandising major in college.  I never found my footing as an apparel designer, although I'm quite happy with the path I'm on now.  I still sketch occasionally & lately I've been running into fashion drawings.  I saw some amazing ones at the mall & I'll have to go back & take photos.  I don't know why I just didn't whip out my camera while I was there.  
Beth just posted about Justine Limpus Parish & I was so inspired that I covered a canvas last night with some acrylics.  I planned it out & today I did the sketch on the canvas.  I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this piece but I'm liking it already.  I plan to add some pen detail but after that who knows!

1 comment:

Beth said...

this is beautiful! I love the forms of women when they are vague and it is all about the clothes and the background colors. I think you are also a sketch artist at heart. : )