Friday, June 12, 2009

Current Inspirations

Catherine of Happy Day Art did a fun post about what writing down the things that describe you at this time. I thought it would be a fun exercise. It's a great jumping off point for journaling as well. You can take a look at her original post here & an additional one here. My list follows with a wordle cloud, as well, & some pictures. Thanks to Catherine for such a creative tag.

Wordle: Current Inspirations

Anthropologie

Silhouettes

Chandeliers

Crowns

Pink
Aqua

Crochet
OOAK

pendants


Swirlies

Doodles

Vintage

Old treasures
Damask

local
New adventures
journaling

Art with the kiddos

Purpose
Nature
Birdcages


Bling

Right now my world is in a state of flux. I guess you might not be able to tell by all the fun pictures up top. Our family has moved every year for the last 5 years straight. We've moved cross country, we moved to the neighboring state, we moved down the coast, we moved from old base housing to new base housing. Last year around this time I was shuttling the family & our belongings among 3 states. Right now we're preparing to move abroad. We literally just got our orders yesterday & it's been a long wait since March with lots of snags. I'm just happy to have them so we can continue our adventure. There have been 2 things that have helped me keep it together family & friends & art. I would have never had the chance to take those pictures above or create the art that I did without those moves. Some were really rough but I grew & my art grew.

If your interested in playing along, I'm going to quote directly from Catherine's blog. To me this was a great brain dump exercise to get some creativity flowing.

What are you about right now?
Write down as many things as you can until you can't really think of any more.
Tag as many people as you want.
Link back to the person who tagged you so they can see what you wrote.
Write a comment so people can go see your list. No pressure. Let's
see what this will bring. I am curious as always...

5 comments:

HappyDayArt! said...

So Nerissa, where are you going to go live now? I want to know. I guess you will tell us soon. Thanks for playing along. I loved reading your post and your list with the photos. You are very good at expressing yourself and I am happy to be getting to know you better. Thank goodness for the wonder of the internet that I will probably still be able to follow what you are going to do with yourself. Be safe wherever you go next!

Catherine

Anonymous said...

You've lived from one place to another several times? many a times? Moving is a little hard for me especially when I grew up in that area and all my neighbors are friends. but then i guess sometimes we have to.

Very nice how you have positive outlook and in such moves. I guess changes help mold us - when we get to interact with the new place and new people.

Be safe on your travel

Li

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I happened upon your blog, through another's from my daughter's (theluckiestms.blogspot.com) but was at the end of my last semester, so had to focus on exams... but yay that is done and now here I am a new blogger.

You have great jewelry and enjoy your stories.

I totally relate with moving-my mom's family is from the Philippines, my dad was AirForce, my husband retired military a couple of years ago... I loved every move and every place I've lived.

Would love to see you stop by... and please let me know if you do :o)

ByLightOfMoon said...

I came to you here form your flicker photos and I knew after trying not to leave flicker I would eventually end uo coming here to see more. You have aweseme photos and interesting thoughts.

I adore your word cloud, I think my would be several skies long, LOL! I think I have to follow, I love moving around although I never started tioll I was 20 and married, we moved with jobs, good and bad, but I would not trade one of them. I just wish I could return to my favorite one, (by the sea- Seattle)

Smiles, Cyndi

ByLightOfMoon said...

ouch, sorry for all the mis-spellings, I can't type and should have proofed better.

Smiles, Cyndi/frstyfrolk on flicker
ByLightOfMoon on blog