Sunday, October 4, 2009

Friday Market on Saturday

Furniture for diwaniyas.

Oooh the markets here are such a treat! I went to the Friday market, which is open Thursday - Saturday. Unfortunately, I didn't find any camels. I am still on the hunt to take a picture. There was so much to look at. I need a map of this place. Thank goodness I was with a friend that doesn't have my sense of direction.


There were lots of funky rugs - contemporary, traditional, traditional with a contemporary spin. I saw a traditional patterned rug with a pink background. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it, but it's on my list for next time.

Lots of brass & silver tableware & decorative accessories. I'm loading up before we leave.

There were a couple of chandelier vendors there. I love the pretty colored ones. More pics are on my Flickr site. The market pictures are in this folder.

Colorful bolsters for sitting area furniture for the diwaniyas.

Besides what I've posted pictures of, there is also fabric, clothing, curtains, & junk. I found a few little treasures for jewelry making - I'll post a picture of those later.

3 comments:

Fleur de Bee said...

Hey Sweetie! Just popping by for a hello! I am so so busy with school my head is spinning and I hardly have time for the blogs anymore! Just seeing what you're up to. You know those cool chandeliers sconces sticking out of those upholstered frames...I kinda dig them! So unique. Loving all the shops I can see. What a plethora of everything yummy.

I had to put away my beautiful gerber daisy ball you made me to make way for the pumpkins. Just had to tell you I was thinking of you and I still love that thing!!

Hope all is well!

xoxox Molly

Tia said...

Wow, what eye candy! I love the bright colors on the rugs... those couches in your album though, are they very comfy? Did you sit on one? The bolsters look fun! You should for sure hook yourself up with some chandeliers!!!

NicNacManiac said...

This market is fantastic.....all of the colors and I could only imagine all of the great treasure lurking!! Thanks for sharing!! xOxO