Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pink Saturday ~ April 17

Where is this month going & where have I been? Well, the mini men & I went to NY to visit my sister & her family. We took a trip into NYC where Brandon declared "I love the city!" I got my wish & went to the 2 places I wanted to go: Kinokuniya book store (the linky is all in Japanese - here's another one with more English info) & Tinsel Trading. I bought this darling bird there, in pink of course.
I'll do a post with the rest of my pictures from Tinsel. They were so gracious in letting me snap away taking photos. The funny thing was my 5 year old & my not yet 2 year old niece wanted to buy birds of their own there. My sister & I told them they could have their very own from JoAnn's or Michaels. I even offered to bling them out. I just was not buying them a $10 bird.
I've also been preparing for the Art & Soul retreat in May. It's my first art retreat & I couldn't be more excited. I love making mini composition books & have been slowly amassing them for trades. Here are a few with pink.
Please make sure to visit Beverly. There is always a fantastic list of Pink Saturday participants.

7 comments:

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Went to NYC? Photos please!
Lucky you!!! Can't wait to go back.

Love all your pinks!


~ Gabriela ~

Cath's Pennies Designs said...

Happy Pink Day!
Cathy

Char said...

I am so happy to hear that your wish came true. I love birds too, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Claudia said...

I love the bird - so beautiful! I live outside NYC and have yet to get to Tinsel Trading because I'm usually running around for work when I'm there. It definitely is on my list of things to do! Happy Pink Saturday!

♥Mimi♥ said...

Great goodies you're sharing! Don't you just ♥ Pink Saturday? This is the one day that I get to totally indulge myself, get all girlie, drink tea with cream, and share time with friends on the internet. Your blog post this week was wonderful...as usual!

Went out to dinner with friends, so I'm a little late, but better late than never, right? I wish you a Sunday filled with family, l♥ve, sunshine and peace.

Secondhandrose said...

I love tinsel trading too! I have been there a few times. Thanks for sharing.

karen

Anonymous said...

Oh - I'm so jealous - NYC! That would be a dream come true! Your little pink bird is darling! Pink Hugs!